St. John’s Storytelling is pleased to announce that applications are now open for storytellers to apply to take part in our 2023 SJS festival. This will mark our 20th festival, and we are very excited!
St. John’s Storytelling has been in existence since 2004 and has offered world class events and festivals since that time. As we continue to respond to the exciting work through our community partnerships, festivals, and special events, we are looking for storytellers in Newfoundland and Labrador to help us realize these goals. We host and organize an annual Storytelling festival bringing storytellers from across the Province, Canada and internationally to the stage in St. John’s. Our festival and year-round programming includes story walks, group and solo shows, open mics, workshops and working groups, and events for families and young tellers. The mandate of St. John’s Storytelling is to promote the art and tradition of storytelling in Newfoundland and Labrador and throughout Canada; to foster creative expression of this art; and to promote cooperation among organizations related to the art and tradition of storytelling in Newfoundland and Labrador.
To be considered as a storyteller for our annual festival and other events throughout the year, we ask that you submit an application outlining your experience and including answers to the following:
- Are you available in person or online for our 2023 festival that will take place Sept 26 – Oct 1, 2023? Please specify if your availability is in person/online/both.
- Are you available for online programming for various dates throughout 2023?
- A short bio indicating your storytelling experience
- What kind of stories do you like to tell? (personal narrative, folk tales, spooky, fairy tales, recitations etc)
- Who is your preferred audience(s) (children, adults, senior, family)
- Have you had experience telling in person and/or online?
- What language(s) do you tell in?
- If possible, please provide a link or sample of your storytelling – video preferred or audio.
- If you would like to be considered to host a workshop, please include a brief outline of proposed course and relevant experience
Please email your submission to SJS by Friday, March 3rd, 2023 to email@example.com. Please use “2023 Call for Tellers” in your email title.
We thank everyone for their submissions this year, and we will get back to those who are successful.