ST. JOHN’S STORYTELLING FESTIVAL
Contract Position Available:
Assistant Festival Coordinator
Position dates: September 3 – October 17, 2018
Hours: 15 hours/week September 3 – October 1 (variable/flexible); 20 – 40 hours/week October 2 – 17
September 3 – October 6: Hours leading up to the festival are flexible and work from home, averaging 15 a week (some more, some less). Meetings once or twice a week between staff members and/or board will be arranged at times agreeable to all.
October 7 – 17: The festival and few days leading up to it are extremely busy. We require all hands on deck during this period to facilitate the many events taking place. Our storytellers visit schools during the day and perform in events every evening, which makes for a jam-packed week of fun (but also, a lot of work!). During this peak period we average 8 – 10 hours/day.
Contract fee: $15.00/hour, approx. 125-135 hours
APPLICATIONS DUE: Wednesday, August 15th by 5 pm.
The St. John’s Storytelling Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, independent individual to join us as Assistant Festival Coordinator! Build a network of performers, community, and cultural workers while learning the ins and outs of running a successful festival. Administration, marketing, communications, and events coordination are all part of this position that helps us set the stage (literally and figuratively) for a wicked festival.
- Graphic design, website maintenance/updates
- Maintain an active social media presence
- Liaise with performers, venues, educators, and contractors
- Coordinate volunteers
- Prepare and distribute contracts, schedules, and other key documents
- Coordinate events (book venues and performers, schedule promotions, arrange travel, etc.)
- Assist with running events, including setting up spaces, working door and merch tables, handling and balancing cash at end of day
- Friendly and down to earth
- Organized and independent
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office; WordPress, Photoshop, and InDesign familiarity an asset
- Interest in marketing and administration
- **Car and valid drivers licence an asset
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: