St. John’s Storytelling Seeking New Executive Director
Date Posted: May 18
Deadline: May 31
Start Date: June 15 (paid orientation) / July 1 (official start date)
Pay scale: Commensurate with experience
St. John’s Storytelling is offering an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, highly motivated, creative individual to grow with us as our new Executive Director.
The Executive Director will oversee operations of the organization including communications, marketing, event coordination, and finances. The ED maintains communication with the Board of Directors, Committees, contract staff and performers, and acts as liaison with other organizations that promote the art of Storytelling.
- Secure funding and financial support through grants and partnerships
- Maintain active communication with board, committees, artists, partners, and community members
- Attend monthly meetings with Board, Finance, and Programming committees
- Take an active role in budgeting and management of finances
- Manage contract staff and volunteers, including preparing contracts
- Coordinate events (in person following Covid-19 guidelines and virtual) including tech/livestream
- Devise, coordinate, and manage all public relations and promotions including use of social media, media contacts, and website updates
- Oversee special projects and other duties as required by the Board
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated expert ability to write successful arts grants
- Ability to engage in high level visioning with the Board and Committees around short and long term goals and Programming
- Event coordination and technical expertise in running events on online platforms
- Experience with budgeting processes
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Familiarity with design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Accounting/ bookkeeping skills would be an asset
This is offered as a contractual position. The hours are variable depending on the needs of the organization. Flexibility in work schedule is essential. The successful candidate will work from home. Salary commensurate with qualifications and skills.